Cloud Migration and Application Modernization
Accelerate Cloud Modernization with Confidence
Almost anyone can provision a cloud server in today’s world, however if your enterprise is adopting the cloud for more than one application or considering a broader cloud modernization involving application refactoring, the sheer volume of choices in products, services, and architectures can be paralyzing.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud each have unique capabilities that can overwhelm the most experienced IT organizations and business units. To achieve the speed, agility, and cost benefits of cloud, you need a combination of experience and automation.
A Complete Migration Solution
2nd Watch provides a complete solution to modernize your infrastructure holistically, regardless of the path you are on – traditional cloud migration, application refactoring, or both. Combined with our Cloud Readiness Assessment, we can help you make the right decision for each workload by weighing the costs, dependencies, and business benefits together.
Traditional Migration: The 2nd Watch Cloud Migration Service is focused on completing your server/VM move to the public cloud easily and smoothly, without business interruptions. Our process is designed to successfully migrate either entire data centers or individual workloads to the public cloud, providing a predictable schedule and cost and a reliable OpEx forecast for post migration operations.
Application Modernization: We rely on our comprehensive consulting methodology and proven tools to perform complete application architecture changes or change specific runtime components to support cloud native deployment and scale. We provide these services through a custom statement of work offering predictable schedule and cost.
Enterprises partner with 2nd Watch to leverage our ability to deliver tailored modernization services for public cloud that proactively encompass the operating, financial, and technical requirements for scaling long-term use.
Our cloud migration and modernization acceleration program is designed to get you up and running in the cloud fast while maintaining business continuity. Our comprehensive methodology focuses on understanding your current state and goals and moving you to the cloud in a productive way.
- Readiness – We kick off with an evaluation of the current state of your workloads to determine cloud fitness and cost, placing them into 5 categories: Rehost, Replatform, Refactor, Retire, Retain.
- Design – Next, we develop a well-architected cloud infrastructure design including account structure, security, access, networking, and migration operations based on the previous assessment. Depending on your goals, we will also consider needed application re-architecture or refactor of applications in the design step.
- Refactor – Optional: Depending on your modernization goals, we will develop and test application architecture for component changes needed for cloud native service usage.
- Deploy – Our team works to deploy the foundational cloud infrastructure, including necessary accounts and security controls, where your applications will be hosted.
- Execute – The most influential stage is when we migrate your workloads from on-premises or co-location facilities to the cloud into the secure foundational architecture.
- Optimize – Our optimization stage helps to ensure you realize the biggest benefits of cloud by lowering your cost and transforming to cloud-native solutions.
- Closure – At the close of the project, we ensure your team has all the skills, tools, and documentation necessary to operate your cloud environment going forward.
Our unique methodology brings your team along with us throughout the process to ensure reduced risk to your organization and increased confidence in the public cloud.
2nd Watch Service Offerings
We migrate your on-premises environment to Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, VMware on AWS, or any combination of those noted.
Cloud Adoption Framework – Strategy and Planning
We help you define your Migration strategy (single or multi-cloud) with our proven methodology that is tailored to meet your business outcomes and maximize your results.
Well-Architected Review – Strategy and Planning
We review your current environment against industry Best Practices, provide a report on where you stand, and offer remediation efforts prior to or during migration for any gaps identified.
Cloud Cost Optimization
We apply our 6 pillars of cloud optimization, drive savings practices down to individual application owners, and determine lasting changes to sustain cost savings over time, reducing your costs by 25-40%.
Forecasting, Modeling, and Analytics
Our data scientist team helps you understand your past usage and model and forecast your future needs, and provides you with the analytical data needed for visibility across your organization.